Monday, January 18, 2010

Help! I'm sandwiched!

Wow! It has been along time since my last blog. I hope at least you are following my Twitters on this website where I give a brief description of Finger Lakes wines that Jim and I have tasted this fall.
Last spring I found myself suddenly a part of the sandwich generation (aging, needy relatives, kid and work) and little time for anything else (other than drinking wonderful Finger Lakes wines). My blogging obviously took a hit, and this lack of blogging has lead to a New Year's resolution. I would like to open up this blog and invite fellow NY wine drinkers to send me your thoughts about the Finger Lakes (or other NY State) wines you are drinking. I know, for example, my friend Jon loves McGregor, Shaw and Damiani wines. I would love his opinions to be posted here. And I know there are members of the FLWR "Pack" who would be great contributors also. So here are the ground rules to become one of the "Rovers"
1. I am the editor and have the right to edit as I see fit. This is a professional blog and it should remain so, therefore...
2. No inappropriate language, cursing, off color jokes or images will be allowed. I will post only those pieces that are professional, thoughtful and appropriate.
3. You can e-mail your written blog entry to me at fingerlakeswineretrievers@gmail.com along with any photos you wish to be part of the piece.
4. I will post you entry in a timely manner. Please let me know how you want it signed: first name only, whole name, etc.
5. If I have any questions about your entry, I will contact you by e-mail.
6. You will officially become a FLWR Rover when your entry is published.

So get out there and drink some fabulous NY State wines. Several were mentioned in the Wine Spectator the last several months and are available in local liquor stores. I would also encourage you to submit your opinions about wine related topics (ex: wines in grocery stores).

I will also try to catch you up on what wine events we attended this fall and local winery visits. So stay tuned, and PLEASE participate. I would love to have a large number of FLWR Rovers out there!

No comments: